Reassurances from Pope Francis Re: Extraordinary Form

Cardinal Darío Castrillón Hoyos

I was very pleased to read in Catholic World News, a report that Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos, former prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy, has recently received assurances from Pope Francis that he has no problem with Traditionalist Catholics or the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. Meeting with The General Assembly of the International Una Voce Federation (FIUV), he said:
“I met Pope Francis very recently and he told me that he has no problem with the old rite, and neither does he have any problem with lay groups and associations like yours that promote it,”
This has been confirmed by His Excellency Bishop Rifan, of the Apostolic Administration of St. John Vianney, Campos, who recently wrote to The President of the FIUV, and the Chairman of the Latin Mass Society thus:
Dear friends of LMS and UNAVOCE,
I send you the photos of my last visit to the Pope Francis, may 22th 2013. I introduced myself saying who I am, explaining that I am the Bishop of the Apostolic Administration what conserves the Mass in the Extraordinary Form. He answered me: I know, because I talk about this with the Cardinal Castrillon.
With my blessing and good souvenirs.
+ Bishop Fernando Arêas Rifan - Campos - Brazil
+Bishop Fernando Arêas Rifan meets Pope Francis.

FIUV members questioned Cardinal Castrillon regarding tensions within the Friars of the Immaculate. The Colombian Cardinal confirmed that the Pope moved to insist on the use of the Novus Ordo in that religious community only because of internal dissension, and not because of any negative judgment on the traditional liturgy, as I stated in my blog on the subject in July last year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Life Catholics on BBC TV defend Church Teaching on Contraception.

The Problem is the Bishops - Dr Janet Smith.

Cardinal Sarah on Fiducia Supplicans