Great Video Promoting the EF


Revd. Dominic O'Toole CSsR celebrates the Usus Antiquior


There is a wonderful little video here which I think speaks to the heart of the experience of the Extraordinary Form of the Mass.


I first discovered this only a few years ago, when my Parish Priest began saying it, once a month, in our Church. I was very interested to see it, at first as some sort of historical curiosity I think; because, born in the seventies, I had never experienced the Mass my Mother spoke about growing up with. The Mass which my fore-bearers experienced.

My initial reaction was one of almost complete confusion, although I was struck by how much more reverent it was. I was fascinated, and wanted to go back to better understand this part of our history. I found that the music was certainly something I enjoyed. I picked up the Latin really quickly and started to prefer it, to feel more at home with it, more connected to the history of my faith.

Now I go whenever it is available, and wish it was more available! It has changed the way I go to Sunday Mass in the Ordinary Form as well and taught me how to pray and get more from Mass. I love the reverence, the prayerfulness and opportunity to pray the Extraordinary Form allows. I would highly recommend it if you haven't been!


Comments

  1. I feel exactly the same, Mark. I am trying my best to learn more, but what I do know about the Extraordinary Form, I love. As you say, even if you can't attend mass in the EF all the time, it totally changes how you view mass in general.

    Thanks for this great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Problem is the Bishops - Dr Janet Smith.

Real Life Catholics on BBC TV defend Church Teaching on Contraception.

New Head of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith