Great Video Promoting the EF


Revd. Dominic O'Toole CSsR celebrates the Usus Antiquior


There is a wonderful little video here which I think speaks to the heart of the experience of the Extraordinary Form of the Mass.


I first discovered this only a few years ago, when my Parish Priest began saying it, once a month, in our Church. I was very interested to see it, at first as some sort of historical curiosity I think; because, born in the seventies, I had never experienced the Mass my Mother spoke about growing up with. The Mass which my fore-bearers experienced.

My initial reaction was one of almost complete confusion, although I was struck by how much more reverent it was. I was fascinated, and wanted to go back to better understand this part of our history. I found that the music was certainly something I enjoyed. I picked up the Latin really quickly and started to prefer it, to feel more at home with it, more connected to the history of my faith.

Now I go whenever it is available, and wish it was more available! It has changed the way I go to Sunday Mass in the Ordinary Form as well and taught me how to pray and get more from Mass. I love the reverence, the prayerfulness and opportunity to pray the Extraordinary Form allows. I would highly recommend it if you haven't been!


Popular posts from this blog

Romans say "Basta!"

Far from gossip, The Dictator Pope is "absolutely reliable"

Are the Vatican Rats Turning on Each Other?