Hands Out During Our Father?

I have often wondered why quite a lot of people at Mass hold their hands out like the priest during the Our Father. I've never heard anything about why it is done or what it means, so personally, I've never done it, since it is my habit to only do things for a reason and once I understand them.

Today I came across this video from Fr. Paul Nicholson which I found really interesting because it is not simply remedial, it also explains where this practice comes from and gives some really useful history and context. Fr. Paul has a really gentle way of explaining things like this and really should be applauded for doing this. I would love to hear what you think of his explanation here.


Should You Hold Out Your Hands During The Our Father?

Popular posts from this blog

Romans say "Basta!"

The Price of Appeasement

Pope Francis turns Bologna Cathedral into a Dining Hall