The Catholic Antidote to Woke: Diversity Inclusion and Equality

We start this episode by laying out some ideas we have had to develop Catholic Unscripted as we move forward. Given we are all agreed that the current culture war requires a profoundly Catholic response, we are branding ourselves as CR² - Gavin explains why. That leads us into a discussion of D.I.E. - Diversity - Inclusion - Equality and the Catholic response. We then talk about being Married to a non-Catholic and each of us gives our own experiences of relationships with non-Catholics and how to minister and evangelise in these, often quite tense situations.

 

Comments

  1. I am enjoying your discussion as usual but something stands out to me and I’d welcome your response. You make much of the magisterium and the authority of the church to interpret scripture. But every time you quote a pope, it’s the last one. Most comments on the present incumbent are disparaging. Or he’s left out of the conversation around authority almost entirely. Now if you truly believe in the authority of the church as channeled through the hierarchy shouldn’t you be submitting to his teaching? Confession time. I am a member of an AOG church, which I guess makes me a Protestant, but I consider myself first and foremost a follower of Jesus. Just one more thing. When my wife and I became Christians, nearly 50 years ago now, the local brethren wouldn’t allow us to break bread with them and sent us a tract on salvation every Christmas. We could go forward at a Catholic mass and receive a blessing not the bread and wine. The irony of this has not been lost on us. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy — thank you so much for watching and for your comments! I will try to give you some answers."if you truly believe in the authority of the church as channeled through the hierarchy shouldn’t you be submitting to his teaching?" The Pope's authority only exists insofar as he echoes the teaching of the Church. I think we have mentioned Pope Francis where we have found he has taught the Catholic faith. The Catholic faith is not the Pope. The Pope's job is to hold the Catholic faith in perpetuity until the Parousia. You might have to explain the irony to me a little further!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Real Life Catholics on BBC TV defend Church Teaching on Contraception.

The Problem is the Bishops - Dr Janet Smith.

Cardinal Sarah on Fiducia Supplicans